Recorded at the Vancouver Real Estate Forum, Gina Phillips joins Aaron and Adam in today’s episode. Gina Phillips currently leads the business for WeWork in the Northwest US and Canada as General Manager.Since launching the Seattle market for WeWork in 2013, Gina has launched multiple new markets and grown a dynamic region undergoing hypergrowth. Known for scaling high-performance, building culturally-aligned teams and driving brand visibility, her focus is always on effectively leading organizations through change and growing powerful performance in others.
Gina gives a thorough explanation of WeWork and why a company would choose to use its buildings instead of traditional office space. We hear about WeWork’s experience in Canadian cities and what the company plans to do in the future.Topics covered include:
- Creating value for landlords.
- What the company’s end users look like.
- Large corporations that use WeWork; a new type of user.
- Amenities that WeWork has at some locations.
- Criteria that the company considers when expanding into a new market.T
- he scarcity of buildings in Toronto and Vancouver.
- Personalization aspects of WeWork offices.
- Services that are included with a WeWork membership.
- What WeWork foresees coming in the future.
- Other projects that Gina is involved in with WeLive and WeGrow.
- Gina’s experience at the Vancouver Real Estate Forum.
This episode of Commercial Real Estate Podcast powered by First National was recorded live at the Vancouver Real Estate Forum as part of our Forum Series.
Recorded at: Vancouver Real Estate Forum 2019
Real Estate Forums have teamed up with Adam Powadiuk and Aaron Cameron of First National Financial to produce live podcasts at conferences and forums around the country. Each episode features guests that include industry titans, innovators and game changers. Listen to podcasts recorded live at the Real Estate Forums and Conferences from our website and look out for them at events throughout the year!