Recorded at the Vancouver Real Estate Forum, Shenoor Jadavji joins Aaron and Adam in today’s episode. Shenoor Jadavji is Founder and President of Lotus Capital. She is responsible for the strategic direction of the firm including capital sourcing and structuring value aligned joint venture investments. She brings 25 years of experience in real estate transactions totaling more than $2B across all real estate classes in major and secondary Canadian markets, as well as select U.S. markets.
She discusses how she expanded outside of Vancouver and why she is now focusing on the city. Shenoor also discusses the involvement of women in the real estate industry. Topics covered include:
- Shenoor’s educational and entrepreneurial background.
- Recommendations from Shenoor of how municipalities can speed up their approval process.
- Ways that the media penalizes the development community.
- Expanding beyond Vancouver.
- Redeveloping a Honda dealership with a partner.
- Lotus’ first big deal that took place in Toronto.
- A strategic relationship that Lotus helped form in 2014.
- Focusing on multi-family units in Vancouver.
- The dwindling labour force and increased material costs.
- Initiatives that BC Housing is undertaking.
- Driving forces of the real estate market in Vancouver that makes it unique.
- Diversity in the industry.
This episode of Commercial Real Estate Podcast powered by First National was recorded live at the Vancouver Real Estate Forum as part of our Forum Series.
Recorded at: Vancouver Real Estate Forum 2019
Real Estate Forums have teamed up with Adam Powadiuk and Aaron Cameron of First National Financial to produce live podcasts at conferences and forums around the country. Each episode features guests that include industry titans, innovators and game changers. Listen to podcasts recorded live at the Real Estate Forums and Conferences from our website and look out for them at events throughout the year!