Coming to you from the Edmonton Real Estate Forum, today’s guest is Michael Smith. He is the Senior Vice President of Western Canada for ONE Properties. The company was founded in 1987 and focuses its efforts on real estate that makes a difference in peoples’ lives.Michael started his real estate career in Toronto but moved to Edmonton when the right opportunity arose. He talks in-depth about the projects that ONE is involved with in Edmonton while commenting on the real estate market in Alberta.
Topics covered include:
- Why Michael has always found real estate interesting.
- The decision to join ONE Properties.
- The enormous ICE District project.
- Rebranding from WAM to ONE and how the new name was chosen.
- The projected timeline of the Rogers Place project.
- Going through the process of planning the Stantec Tower.
- Starting a new rental property in Calgary at an inopportune time.
- The question you have to ask when undertaking a project in Alberta.
- How much risk ONE is comfortable taking on.
- The next development projects for ONE.
This episode of Commercial Real Estate Podcast powered by First National was recorded live at the Edmonton Real Estate Forum as part of our Forum Series.
Recorded at: Edmonton Real Estate Forum
Real Estate Forums have teamed up with Adam Powadiuk and Aaron Cameron of First National Financial to produce live podcasts at conferences and forums around the country. Each episode features guests that include industry titans, innovators and game changers. Listen to podcasts recorded live at the Real Estate Forums and Conferences from our website and look out for them at events throughout the year!