Coming to you from the Canadian Apartment Investment Conference, James Wilson sits down with the guys today. He is co-chairing the entire conference and is also the Managing Director of Realstar.James talks about the Realstar strategy and pays special attention to the need for affordable housing across the country. He expresses why he loves working with apartments instead of other real estate asset classes and discusses what he is seeing in markets across the country.
Topics covered include:
- The scope of the Realstar portfolio.
- Realstar’s approach towards affordable housing.
- Risk that comes from the potential of new government regulations.
- Markets that James is the most bullish on.
- Growing the portfolio through forward sales.
- New rent control regulations that have been enacted in Berlin and New York City and what it could mean if implemented in Canada.
- How Realstar addresses the threshold for cap rate return.
- Retaining and attracting tenants based on property management.
This episode of Commercial Real Estate Podcast powered by First National was recorded live at the Canadian Apartment Investment Conference as part of our Forum Series.
Recorded at: Canadian Apartment Investment Conference
Real Estate Forums have teamed up with Adam Powadiuk and Aaron Cameron of First National Financial to produce live podcasts at conferences and forums around the country. Each episode features guests that include industry titans, innovators and game changers. Listen to podcasts recorded live at the Real Estate Forums and Conferences from our website and look out for them at events throughout the year!