Peter Senst joins us at the Land & Development Conference in Toronto. is the President of Canadian Capital Markets at CBRE, as well as a board member of CBRE Canada. He has transacted over $100 billion in real estate and joins today’s episode at the Land & Development Conference in Toronto. Peter Senst, with more than 30 years of experience, has become one of Canada’s foremost investment sales and advisory experts. He has completed some of Canada’s most significant sales and advisory assignments in all property sectors totaling over $100B.Peter heads the National Investment Team in Toronto with a focus on office, retail, industrial and urban land. The National Investment Team consists of 20 real estate experts. Peter is also a member of CBRE’s Global Capital Advisory Team. The Global Team consists of key leaders and heads of the Capital Markets for the different geographic regions. In this role, Peter has completed multiple joint ventures totaling more than $10B.He is also a member of CBRE’s Canadian Board of Directors, Executive Management Committee and Canadian Executive Council. As an industry leader, Peter is frequently quoted by the media.
Having completed several very large deals, Peter shares these experiences including Scotia Plaza, which was valued at $1.3 billion. Peter also advocates for why the Canadian market is great to invest in for people in other countries.
Topics covered include:
- The first deal that Peter completed and how it shaped his career.
- Peter’s journey towards doing deals that are upwards of $1 billion.
- Why CBRE is selected over its competitors.
- Scotia Plaza, the largest single asset sale in Canadian history.
- The global expansion of the Canadian real estate market.
- Yield in Canada compared to other countries.
- Countries that are investing more and more in Canadian real estate.
- Peter’s proudest moments in his career.
- The biggest challenge Peter faced in his career and how he overcame it.
- When Peter realized that the 90s downturn was coming to an end.
- The asset classes that Peter thinks are going to out-performInvesting in people at CBRE.
- Where Peter wants to bring his career next.
This episode of Commercial Real Estate Podcast powered by First National was recorded live at the Land & Development Conference in Toronto as part of our Forum Series.
Recorded at: Land & Development Conference 2019
Real Estate Forums have teamed up with Adam Powadiuk and Aaron Cameron of First National Financial to produce live podcasts at conferences and forums around the country. Each episode features guests that include industry titans, innovators and game changers. Listen to podcasts recorded live at the Real Estate Forums and Conferences from our website and look out for them at events throughout the year!