Back on the podcast today is Jaime McKenna. She is Managing Director, Group Head of Real Estate at Fengate Asset Management. Jaime transitioned to Fengate seven months ago, just in time for the global COVID-19 pandemic. Hear how she is adapting to this radical shift.
Last time Jaime was on the podcast she was working with Minto, so she talks about why she left the company and the great relationship she maintains with her former co-workers. She tells us how Fengate’s portfolios are holding up in the face of COVID-19 and what the company continues to work on.
Topics covered include:
- Continuing to search for opportunities in the market.
- The organizational culture and practices at Fengate that attracted Jaime.
- Diversifying the portfolio at Fengate.Jaime’s transition from Minto to Fengate.
- Which asset classes are suffering the most from COVID-19.
- Rent deferrals and other arrangements to help tenants.
- The pipeline of deals that Fengate has built up this year.
- Having the right team around you and its importance in these times.
- Temporary supply chain effects.
- Holding off on plans to sell some assets.
- Jaime’s view on how cap rates will be affected.
- Fengate’s partnership with LiUNA and the capital available.
More about our guest:
As Managing Director and Group Head, Real Estate, Jaime McKenna leads and is responsible for the firm’s real estate business and is a member of the Executive team. Fengate’s Real Estate group has over 75 active projects and represents ~$5B of gross completed project value.
Prior to joining Fengate, Jaime was Chief Investment Officer of Minto Apartment REIT.
Released: April 7, 2020
Real Estate Forums have teamed up with Adam Powadiuk and Aaron Cameron of First National Financial to produce podcasts at conferences and forums around the country. Each episode features guests that include industry titans, innovators and game changers. Listen to podcasts recorded at the Real Estate Forums and Conferences from our website and look out for them at events throughout the year!