Peter Altobelli, Vice President and General Manager of Yardi Canada, is welcomed as our guest in this episode. Yardi is the largest provider of real estate software in Canada, and has grown from thirty employees to over seven thousand worldwide.
Yardi has quickly pivoted their software capabilities to adapt to some of the challenges that COVID-19 has brought to the industry. Accounting for rent deferrals, work from home and protecting landlords/tenants are just some of the new issues that Yardi is tackling.
Topics covered include:
- Peter’s beginnings working in IT and how real estate was added to the mix.
- What big data means in real life for real companies.
- How Yardi is helping clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How Yardi has grown so much since the 80s and why people choose their technology.
- Technology on the horizon that Peter is excited about.
- Integrating office solutions as people are forced to work from home.
- Permanent changes that might happen because of physical distancing.
- Peter’s concern of what could affect businesses long term.
- Why the real estate industry should become stronger after the pandemic.
- Modifying software to account for rent deferrals.
More about our guest:
Peter Altobelli is Vice President of Sales and General Manager for Yardi Canada Ltd. Yardi develops industry-leading property and investment management software for all real estate asset classes.
Peter has worked in the technology industry for more than 30 years, with a foundation in software development for the healthcare sector in the 1980s. His first role involved transforming existing software for an outpatient clinic scheduling system and introducing innovative PC technology for what has now become Hamilton Health Sciences.
Released: April 24, 2020
Real Estate Forums have teamed up with Adam Powadiuk and Aaron Cameron of First National Financial to produce podcasts at conferences and forums around the country. Each episode features guests that include industry titans, innovators and game changers. Listen to podcasts recorded at the Real Estate Forums and Conferences from our website and look out for them at events throughout the year!