Founder of The Valuegraphics Database, David Allison, is welcomed in this episode. He likes to be described as “The Human Behaviour Expert,” and these skills have formed the foundation of his company and what they do.
The data that David and his company has collected is of great interest to anyone involved in real estate. He tells us about the values that Canadians look for when moving into a new space and how these values can be portrayed to target demographics. He also touches on their specific importance to commercial real estate.
Topics covered include:
• David’s background in the real estate industry.
• Our values determining everything that we do.
• Figuring out why certain people are attracted to certain buildings.
• Fear versus self-interest.
• The Valuegraphics Database and its determination of what everyone cares about.
• How the database achieves proportional representation.
• The top values in Canada and the United States.
• Marketing amenities towards what people care about.
• The notion of belonging amongst renters.
• Breaking renters in Canada up into four groups.
• Values that are common throughout all Canadian renters.
• How these values can affect decisions to rent commercial real estate.
• The most interesting thing that David has come across in his data.
• David’s book, We Are All the Same Age Now.
• Determining which group Adam falls into.
Released: September 10, 2020