Joining us on today’s episode is Mark Goodman. Introduced to the podcast by the Canadian Real Estate Forums, he is the Principal of Goodman Commercial and publisher of the Goodman Report. He has been part of some of the biggest real estate transactions in Vancouver.
Coming from a family of real estate investors, Mark has closely witnessed the transformation of Vancouver’s housing market. He explains what his company does that contributes to their success and talks about regulations that were implemented in Vancouver last year.
Topics covered include:
• Mark’s exposure to real estate starting at a young age.
• Challenges today that were occurring in the 1980s as well.
• The lack of purpose-built rental construction in Vancouver.
• How Mark usually spends his workday.
• What you need to be successful in real estate.
• Shadowing Mark’s father to learn about the industry.
• The first phone call that Mark made as a commercial realtor.
• Being results-oriented in a competitive market.
• The biggest transactions that were happening in Vancouver before regulations came in.
• Vancouver’s supply and demand imbalance.
• Rent freezes and vacancy controls.
• What happens if there is no value proposition to invest in rental housing.
• Focusing on the fundamentals to get the big deals.Goodman Report: goodmanreport.com/
Released: October 22, 2020