Kevin Green, President of Greenwin, is our guest in today’s episode. Greenwin started off as a construction company in 1948 founded by Kevin’s grandfather. Now, they own and manage thousands of properties in Ontario and Quebec.
We are taken through the fascinating history of Greenwin and the many pivots the company has made. Kevin talks about the partnership his company has formed with First National as well as successful crime prevention efforts in their apartment buildings.
Topics covered include:
• How real estate began in Kevin’s family many years ago.
• Apartments in Toronto in the 1960s.
• Returning to the family business in the early 1980s after university.
• Greenwin’s approach towards partnerships.
• When the company moved from building to buying.
• Surge points for the growth of Greenwin.
• Frustration that came from working with a bank on lending.
• The long-time relationship that Greenwin has had with First National.
• Why it was difficult to finance apartment builds in the mid 2010s.
• Crime prevention through environmental design.
• Social programs implemented in Greenwin buildings.
• The partnership with Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.
• Taking on challenges that others will not.
Released: September 2, 2020