Aaron and Adam come to us from the Western Canada Apartment Investment Conference in Edmonton today. They are joined by Paul Chaput, Senior Vice President at Institutional Property Advisors (IPA). Paul Chaput, having gained experience and notoriety at other commercial brokerages as a top producing multi-family investment sales specialist, joins Institutional Property Advisors (IPA) as a seasoned industry veteran. Well versed in all aspects of the multi-family market, Paul regularly assists his clients execute their various real estate strategies.Over the course of his 16 years in commercial real estate Paul has been involved in the acquisition and disposition of over $2.5B worth of real estate throughout Western Canada.Paul has had the honour of being a guest lecturer at the University of Calgary’s Haskayne School of Business, as well as a speaker and moderator at numerous Real Estate Forums. He is also a member of the Commercial Real Estate Advisory Committee, which advises the Real Estate Council of Alberta on the commercial side of the industry.
Specializing in Alberta and Saskatchewan, Paul talks about changes that have been going on in these markets and how IPA is handling them. He discusses what markets are difficult to do deals in and why clients choose IPA instead of other firms. Topics covered include:
- Alberta’s cap rates and how the market is adapting.
- Edmonton being a local developer-driven market.
- The most difficult places to get deals done.
- Paul’s original goal of becoming a stockbroker.
- What markets Paul has seen improvement in over the past six months.
- Where the deal volume of IPA comes from in Western Canada.
- Per-square-foot prices of towers in Alberta.
- Why Paul thinks IPA is chosen by clients over other companies.
- New investor entrants to Canadian apartments.
- Compressing fees.
- Where new buildings are being built in Alberta.
This episode of Commercial Real Estate Podcast powered by First National was recorded live at the Western Canada Apartment Investment Conference in Edmonton as part of our Forum Series.
Recorded at: Western Canada Apartment Investment Conference 2019
Real Estate Forums have teamed up with Adam Powadiuk and Aaron Cameron of First National Financial to produce live podcasts at conferences and forums around the country. Each episode features guests that include industry titans, innovators and game changers. Listen to podcasts recorded live at the Real Estate Forums and Conferences from our website and look out for them at events throughout the year!