Adrian Rocca is the CEO of Fitzrovia Real Estate and joins us today for his second CRE Podcast appearance. The world has changed since Adrian was on the show in December, so he tells us how the pandemic has affected his business and projects.
Though Adrian believes it will take years for the Canadian economy to get back to normal, he is optimistic and has been making the best of his time. He tells us about deals that he has closed, the types of properties his company has been looking to buy, and the positive culture that helps his team thrive.
Topics covered include:
• An update on two projects that Fitzrovia is involved with.
• How government intervention is affecting the apartment market.
• When Adrian thinks we will get back to a normal economy.
• Immigration levels and how they influence real estate.
• Entering the assisted living space market.
• What land acquisition looks like right now.
• Current benefits on the financing side thanks to low interest rates.
• Lowering expenses to increase return on investment.
• Delays experienced on behalf of COVID-19 and how they have been overcome.
• Being diligent on worksites with coronavirus screening.
• Adrian’s opinion on the potential second wave of COVID-19.
• The supportive capital partners that Fitzrovia has.
• Weekly video calls that have been happening at Fitzrovia.
• New hires that have been brought on during this year.
Released: August 20, 2020